Just reviewing the blogs of some of my favorite authors, and I stumbled on the following article from Andy Sernovitz at Damn! I Wish I’d Though of That – a blog filled with “unusually useful ideas for smart marketers.”
This article covers 4 very creative marketing ideas from the food industry:
- Make it obvious
- Go to them
- Keep it a secret
- Check it out.
See if these ideas stimulate your thinking!
First read the article, then ask yourself these questions:
- How obvious are you making your unique benefits?
– Do your sales people focus on a very specific value proposition?
– Do you ever create offers that highlight this unique value?
- How could you make it easier for clients and candidates to use your services?
– Could you offer more convenient hours or locations?
– Could you offer easier ways to place orders or apply for jobs?
- What “secrets” could you offer to entice people to call or purchase?
– Think about the secret code idea or even sharing a secret through your temps!
- Have you ever tried off the wall marketing ideas to get people talking?
– How about a virtual Craigslist recruitment ad to attract industrial candidates?
– How about creating Facebook ads specifically targeting people at one company?
I hope these ideas inspire you. For more ideas for marketing staffing, be sure to download our Marketing Best Practices Guide.