Founded in 2010, BHT Staffing (formerly Blue Horizon Tek Solutions) is an IT solutions provider serving the continental U.S., with major markets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Texas, California and Arizona. By focusing on transparency, communication and individual attention, BHT Staffing has become the 12th fastest-growing IT consulting and staffing firm in the U.S. (Staffing Industry Analysts).
To reflect their name change and thrive in a tight talent market, our client wanted a clean, simple, yet powerful new website that would attract top IT professionals. After consulting with our Marketing Educators, we created a list of priorities for the site:
- Clarity. Make the name change clear.
- Ease of use. Simplify design and navigation.
- Talent magnet. Skew content and design towards candidates, to strengthen BHT Staffing’s employment brand and attract more high-quality applicants.
- Wow factor. Build a site that generates positive comments from staff, clients and candidates.
- Flexibility. Make updating site content easy.
Once we understood BHT Staffing’s goals and priorities, we determined that our Starter #13 design template was the ideal match for their needs. From there, I stepped in to facilitate their web development project. Here are a few of BHT Staffing’s website that support their overall goals:
- Clarity: New logo is featured prominently on left side of header.
- Ease of use: Easy-to-read/find call-to-action buttons drive action; prominent main navigation makes the site simple and intuitive to use.
- Talent magnet: The Job Seekers page is the first after Home in the main navigation, and on the top screen of their “tall” Home page. To encourage referrals, we added a fly-in on the Home page, too. Finally, custom post-type testimonials lend credibility to BHT Staffing’s employment brand message.
- Wow factor: Panoramic cityscapes, modern images and colorful graphic and copy elements make an immediate impact.
- Flexibility: Built on WordPress, site content can be easily edited.
A website that’s as modern and impressive as the firm it represents. We launched BHT Staffing’s site right on schedule, and they were extremely pleased with the results. Here’s what they had to say:
“Thank you so much for your time and patience. You truly are a gem!”
“It [the website] is phenomenal…”
“The feedback on the site is dynamite!”
— Eric (“Rick”) Silverman