So was our client, Mark Esfeld. And not surprisingly, he was frustrated with the high cost and poor results those ads yielded. As the new owner of Top Notch Personnel, a Wichita, KS light industrial staffing firm, Mark knew he needed a more cost-effective and (ahem) modern approach to ensure his agency’s success.
Check out what a digital “makeover” helped Mark achieve:
How do you connect with light industrial employers and workers – and get them to reach out to you?
Mark had dabbled in Facebook with limited success, and he was wasting money on newspaper ads in an effort to reach his audience. He quickly realized he needed to modernize his marketing approach to attract employers and job seekers to his site, and ultimately grow his business.
But he also realized that he didn’t have the internal resources or expertise for such a major undertaking.
The good news? We did!
One of our social media marketing advisors (SMMAs) consulted with Mark to learn more about his staffing business, challenges and overall objectives. After a thorough needs assessment, our SMMA recommended a comprehensive social media and content marketing program to connect in meaningful ways with great employers and qualified candidates.
Mark trusted our SMMA’s recommendations and greenlighted a major digital makeover.
Bye bye, newspaper…
From experience, we know staffing companies that strategically use modern marketing tools – blogging, social media, search engine optimization and pay-per-click advertising – generate 40 to 50% of their new business through inbound leads. And firms that rely on old-school methods (or worse yet – do nothing at all)? They’re just giving that business away to the competition. We told him to ditch the newspaper and say…
…Hello digital domination!
To help Mark build his employment brand and business as a whole, we designed and executed a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. Here are a few of the highlights of Top Notch Personnel’s program:
- Social profile overhaul. We revamped their Facebook profile and set up accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn, ensuring a cohesive look that reinforced their brand across channels. We also launched a paid “like” campaign on Facebook to build their follower base.
- Search engine optimization. Using Google Analytics, our team examined keyword trends and developed a list of search terms to rank well in organic search. We integrated these keyword strings across channels to improve rankings.
- Blog content. Our experts developed a focused content plan, and then wrote, optimized and published four posts each month on topics of interest to light industrial employers and job seekers.
- Social Pro services. Our SMMA actively managed Top Notch Personnel’s social media profiles. She shared content daily to leverage their blog posts, build awareness and increase engagement.
- Pay-per-click advertising. We executed paid promotion campaigns to get their ads and other content in front of a wider, yet highly targeted, audience (which was essential, since their initial follower base was small).
- Email marketing. To complement their efforts on social media and leverage blog content, we created and distributed monthly e-newsletters for their existing clients and candidates.
- Reputation management. We activated this service to protect Top Notch’s online reputation, gather positive feedback through online reviews, and minimize the impact of service issues by providing a private feedback channel.
Here are a few impressive statistics that quantify the value of his program:
- 99.13%: Increase in overall website traffic with our digital marketing program (as compared to the same period the prior year)
- 26.12%: Increase in organic search website traffic, which was driven from blog posts
- 62%: Increase in traffic to Apply Here page
- 23%: Increase in traffic to Contact Us page
- 29%: Email newsletter open rate (which is more than four times the industry average of 6.6%!)
No newspaper can drive numbers like these.
In our client’s words:
“When we started, our Facebook page had less than 100 likes. We just passed 1,000 likes and traffic from social media back to our website is up over 6,000%! In a tough candidate market, traffic to Candidate and Jobs pages is up 110%.”
— Mark Esfeld, Owner/Chief Customer Service Officer, Top Notch Personnel
Ready to modernize your marketing? Dominate the digital space?