For more than 40 years, TOPS Staffing has survived and thrived through the ups and downs of the economy (and the staffing industry). The key to their success? Being really good at the grassroots! And this family business isn’t just crawling out of the pandemic, it’s sprinting out – achieving record success in multiple divisions of the company.
Today’s guest, Susie Dietrich, is the president of TOPS Staffing. She’s a natural leader who knows how to get things done, and on this episode, Susie talks about the keys to their long-term success—and specifically what they did to make 2021 their best year ever.
Here are a few of the topics we discuss:
Keys to successfully launching a new staffing company and entering into new skill disciplines.
- The critical importance of keeping people busy and why being proactive during downtimes is essential to rebounding faster.
- The value of structured training for staffing sales professionals and recruiters. And a shout out to our friends at Butler Street!
- Lessons from 9-11 and the Great Recession…and how the drivers of success back then are the keys to driving growth in the current period of COVID recovery.
- The new role of sales and recruiting in today’s labor market.
- And one of the greatest sales lessons we’ve ever heard, “now is not always!”
If you’d like to know more about Susie and TOPS Staffing, you can visit the company online at: https://bestinrecruiting.com/
But don’t try to connect with Susie on LinkedIn…she is proudly not on social media!
Secrets of Staffing Success is brought to you by Haley Marketing.