Technology is fundamentally changing recruiting in the staffing industry – especially when it comes to:
- The way job seekers search for work: Nearly 6 in 10 (59%) of candidates use a mobile device to learn about new job opportunities.
- The way candidates apply to your jobs: 52% of candidates use their mobile phones to apply to jobs.
- The tools you use to distribute and advertise your jobs: With just a few clicks, programmatic advertising can automatically distribute you jobs to hundreds of job boards, aggregators, search engines and niche sites.
Does your job board capitalize on these trends…
…or is your staffing company losing candidates…and wasting money?
A modern job board/career portal should be a recruiting machine that attracts and re-engages talent, and cost-effectively drives qualified applications. Unfortunately, however, most staffing job boards have “holes” that create serious talent leaks. Here are the biggest culprits:
- Searching and filtering. Is it easy for job seekers to find jobs that are right for them – or does your search feature serve irrelevant or too few results?
- Application process. How easy (or difficult) is it to apply to jobs from desktop and mobile? Up to 90% of job seekers will abandon a mobile application that’s too cumbersome.
- Requiring candidates to jump through hoops. Do you ask for sensitive information (such as a Social Security number) on your application, or require candidates to register just to search for jobs?
- Alternatives to apply. How do you convert or stay in touch with passive candidates who aren’t quite ready to submit their resumes?
- SEO and Google for Jobs. Does your site optimize every job for SEO – and specifically, are they appropriately coded so they appear on Google for Jobs?
- Talent re-engagement. Return visitors to your site are twice as likely to apply to a job. If a candidate doesn’t apply on their first visit, what does your site do to bring them back?
In today’s economy, your staffing firm can’t afford to lose a single candidate – or waste a single dollar. You need a modern, leak-proof career portal that leverages technology to create an amazing candidate experience and maximize conversions.
When it comes to your recruiting technology, we’re here to help!
At Haley Marketing, technology is a big part of what we do. We have an entire technical team dedicated to continually upgrading our staffing tech (and building new tools) to keep clients at the leading edge. And in recent months, we’ve given our Job Board solution a serious overhaul.
Major feature upgrades to our career portal software make it easier for job seekers to apply, automate job sharing (pushing your jobs to more places), increase job discoverability, measure the impact of your recruitment spend, and help you build stronger talent communities:
Career Portal (Job Board Software) Updates
Enhanced Google for Jobs Integration
- Expanded Google for Jobs schema markup to add remote-friendly tagging
- Incorporated Google Jobs Discover API (to enable Google to see all new job posts faster)
More ATS and Marketing Partner Integrations
- New ATS integrations: Avionte Bold, Data Frenzy, eRecruit (Coming soon: Target Recruit)
- Resume Library integration (access millions of resumes for quicker placements)
Better Job Distribution
- Integration with Programmatic Job Advertising (software which optimizes your monthly recruitment spend/finds best conversion rate and lowest cost per application)
- Expanded job distribution to more job aggregators including Adzuna, Neuvoo and Jobcase
- Enhanced Indeed feed (pass branch values to set up branch-specific campaigns on Indeed)
- Enhanced ZipRecruiter feed (apply notification to someone other than recruiter)
- Simplified job board syndication UI (making it easier for you to control where we send your jobs)
- Referral sources (populated in more ATS platforms – JobDiva, Talent Rover)
- More reporting options (Job Performance for ALL jobs, more application reporting time frames)
- Upgraded ROI dashboard (see stats like # of visitors, job mailings sent, job views, apps, clicks, conversion rates, cost per application and individual job performances)
- Added category mailings (automated Hot Job emails based on job-seeker categories of interest)
Other Feature Enhancements
- New post-qualification form to capture additional/supplemental information during the application process
- Improved social sharing (metadata)
- Job category enhancements (settings by job category – e.g., social sharing images and application form type)
- Magic logins (candidates can request a login link for one-click sign in)
Get the right recruiting tech for your staffing firm.
As technology continues to shape recruiting in the staffing industry, we embrace the changes it brings – and remain committed to developing the tech tools and services you need to land the qualified candidates your clients need. Contact a marketing educator today to start a conversation.