Just surfing social media sites, and I came across an interesting article on the problems Twitter is having in creating a sustainable business model. The good news? Their CEO recognized the problem and is working on ideas to capitalize on this powerful microblogging tool.
And as a counter balance to that article, here’s another article with 62 ideas for using Twitter as a marketing and personal branding tool:
So how can your staffing firm use Twitter?
Here are 10 ideas:
- Tweet jobs to candidates who want up to the minute info
- Follow thought leaders in the recruiting profession
(you can learn a lot from the ideas and tools they share)
- Follow thought leaders in the industries you serve
(stay up to date with your clients–and one step ahead of competitors)
- Solicit feedback from your candidates
- Use TweetDeck to watch for information posted on your firm,
your clients or about new jobs for the types of people you place.
- Promote content on your website
- Hold special referral contents only via Twitter
- Follow as many local HR people as you can – build personal
relationships and learn about their challenges
- Use hashtags to create local groups or track local job opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with candidates who are active on social media.