Get out of the Commodity Rat Race: How to Differentiate Your Company in the “Me-Too” Staffing Industry
In today’s Lunch with Haley, Tom Erb, CSP, SPHR discussed differentiating your company to stand out among the other staffing firms across the country.
So how can you get away from the “Me-Too” staffing mentality?
— Haley Marketing (@haleymarketing) February 13, 2014
What Are Your Differentiators?
Differentiation is more than, “We have better quality placements” or “We drug-screen all candidates”. Tom Erb listed 6 differentiators that you can use in your next sales pitch:
- Industry Specialization. Being a specialist builds credibility in the eyes of your customer. To do this, identify your niche – find out what your good at – and capitalize on it. If you have expert knowledge on placing in a particular industry, use this to your advantage. When discussing your specialization be sure to use terms such as niche, specialize, areas of expertise – this helps you develop a strong value proposition. Once you determine your specialization, begin interacting with your audience and building your credibility.
- Service Team. Tenure on your service team is an added value to your clients. Use your recruiter’s knowledge, certifications and awards to help differentiate your team against other firms!
- High-Profile Clients. Mentioning who you have worked with in the past is arguably the quickest way to establish credibility. People see value in what you have done for others.
- Awards and Certifications. Has your firm won a major award? Best of Staffing? Best Staffing Firms to Work For? You should feel proud of these awards! Make sure you use them as an opportunity to stand out from the pack and express your experience.
- Testimonials. Ask the client to be specific and include only one to two sentences. When listing your testimonial, don’t mark it as Anonymous. Include the client’s name, title, and company to personalize the message and add credibility. Get social with your testimonials and ask for a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Unique Service Offerings. What do you (or can you) offer that your competitors don’t? Does this provide value to the client? If so, then position your unique services as a way to stand out from others.
What Differentiates Haley Marketing Group?
Whether you need a social media strategy to help increase overall engagement, a blogging program to assist in your content marketing, a killer website that stresses your brand identity and offerings, or an email marketing strategy to help you stay in contact with your clients and candidates, Haley Marketing Group is here to help. Contact our team today for more information!