BECOME THE MASTER OF YOUR DOMAIN
- Pick a great domain and stick with it, unless your company has completely changed focus or changed its name.
- If your domain has been active for years, try not to change it all. You’ve built credibility and authority under that name.
- Branded domains are preferred (just use the name of your company).
THE BOTTOM LINE:
WHAT’S ON THE PAGE MATTERS
Your title tag shows up at the top of internet browsers and is what appears in search results.
- Include keywords near the beginning of the title, but don’t go overboard.
- Keep it between 50-60 characters in length.
- Use keywords specific to the content of that page.
- Use keywords early and put the company name at the end of the page title.
- Use a unique title tag for every page.
- Including keywords in the meta description is not a ranking factor; click-through rate is a ranking factor.
- Your descriptions should be compelling, accurate and include keywords because…
- Keywords that match search criteria will appear in bold letters.
What’s On the Page Matters: Structuring Your Content
- Use keywords in Heading tags (H1, H2, etc.).
- Items of equal importance should have equal headings.
- The way you structure your headings helps search engines determine what your page is about.
- Include keywords early in the body copy.