There are even more ways you can improve your firm’s strategies to stay ahead of the competition throughout 2022. In this third part of Digital Marketing Trends in 2022, you’ll learn trends and tactics for SEO, PPC and Automation.
Missed the previous posts? Check out the other installments in the series here:
- Understand user intent. Answer the questions your clients and candidates are asking. Think like a job seeker or employer, not a staffing company: What do your ideal candidates and clients want to know? Learn more in this 9-minute video: SEO for Staffing.
- Leverage long-form content. Google loves original, relevant, in-depth content that answers a specific question. In 2022, an effective SEO strategy includes long-form (1,500+ word) content that answers searchers’ questions and incorporates both primary and semantically related keywords.
- Use technology to identify opportunities. Tools like Google Search Console and Ahrefs can help you perform competitive analyses, targeting relevant search terms to include in your SEO strategy.
- Shoot for “position zero.” Also known as a Google answer box, a featured snippet appears above organic listings, offering no-click search results to users. Be the Google answer to top questions your audience has on:
- Product and service info
- Frequently asked questions
- Win the local war. As mentioned above, SEO in 2022 is all about ranking well for employers’ and job seekers’ searches in the geographic areas you serve. Tools like location pages, Google My Business optimization, blogging, technical SEO and more can help you rank well in the searches your ideal candidates and clients conduct.
Ready to learn more about today’s smart SEO strategies? Download our SEO eBook.
- Think of your ads as virtual billboards. People are driving down the metaphorical social media highway at 100 mph. How you will use your ads t to:
- Catch their attention
- Immediately convey your message (you have just a second or two to communicate)
- Make them want to take action
- Build your employment brand
- Treat remarketing as table-stakes. These ads target audiences that have previously engaged with your brand and follow them around online – putting your brand’s name, image and message in front of the same users over and over again. Remarketing is essential for building visibility and trust, and every staffing website should be equipped with it.
- 1+ 1 = 3. Your PPC and SEO strategies should work hand in hand. Identify all the search strings that are relevant, buy your way to the top with PPC, and then systematically build organic reach.
- Consider local map ads. If your office is outside a major metropolis, launching a new office, or not happy with your existing map position, PPC local map ads could help improve your results.
- Communication automation is essential—but watch out for the commoditization trap. As every company implements automation systems, be sure to design communications that fit your company brand and voice. Your content will differentiate your process, not your technology.
- Use automation to improve consistency and efficiency. Service experience is your #1 differentiator, so use automation to ensure consistency in your process and free your team members to focus on human connection with clients and candidates.
- Start with the end in mind. Visualize what success looks like for your candidate experience first, then determine where automation fits in.
- Prioritize candidate engagement. The best candidates are gone in 7 days or less…how can you stay in touch and engaged with top talent? Develop automations to accelerate the intake process, deliver relevant jobs and keep your firm top of mind.
- Automation + recruitment marketing = a perfect match. In today’s tight talent market, AI and automation are more essential than ever for candidate acquisition.
Up Next: Staffing Recruitment Marketing, Reputation Management & More
Our next post in the series discusses some MUST DO digital marketing strategies, tactics, tips and trends for recruitment marketing, reputation management and more in 2022. But If you don’t want to wait, you can check out the full article here!