Throughout the last five posts of this series, we’ve taught you all you need to know about employment branding and why it’s essential in the staffing world. In our last post, we’ll give you some more next-level ideas to help build your brand.
Missed our last post? Check out the other installments in the series here:
6(a). Next-level ideas to build your brand.
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to think bigger and take those blinders off! Here are two more ways to build your brand with great content – and more:
How many temps do you have on assignment right now? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? And are those people actively engaged in building your brand? If you answered “no,” you have a tremendous opportunity.
Your brand ambassadors should be top field associates, and you can reward them with cash compensation or non-cash incentives like time off, preferred access to your best jobs, and company swag. While you don’t want your temps actively soliciting people while they are on the job, they can:
- wear company-branded apparel on the job and share personalized business cards you provide them;
- share company blog posts and jobs on social media;
- write reviews about your company on social review sites;
- spread the word by sharing food or promotional items with others at work;
- educate people about the benefits of working as a temporary – and specifically, working through your firm;
- celebrate events for your workforce like birthdays, service anniversaries and promotions; and
- actively solicit referrals and encourage others to do the same.
6(b). Next-level ideas to build your brand.
Broaden your thinking.
Content that builds your employment brand doesn’t have to be all about you – in fact, integrating your employment brand into your overall content marketing strategy is one of the most powerful ways to shape candidates’ perceptions of your firm.
When you demonstrate that:
- you care about job seekers’ career success…
- your recruiters are experts at what they do…
- you understand what’s important to job seekers…
…you’re “walking the walk” – and not just providing lip service.
So, broaden your thinking. Beyond the “on the nose” employment brand content ideas we’ve already shared, look for ways to weave your EVP and brand messaging into a wider range of content – to reinforce and amplify your message, while also demonstrating your warmth and competence.
One of the best ways to achieve this is by adding brand messaging to:
- educational content;
- thought leadership pieces from your top recruiters and company leaders; and
- curated content about the job search and career management.
Job seekers and current associates are looking for help, and you have a wealth of valuable information and people ready to share it. Your blog and/or newsletter is the perfect place to highlight this content and draw people to your site and jobs. If you become the go-to resource for help and job search/career management advice, you’ll strengthen your brand and recruit more top-tier candidates.
We hope you found our employment branding insights throughout this series helpful! You now know that integrating content to drive your employment branding strategy is essential to maximize recruitment, retention, and so much more. Be sure to check out the full ebook here for even more information.
Oh, yeah – we can do that.
We have a full team of skilled writers, content strategists, employment branding experts and digital marketing advisors to help create, guide and implement your branding and content marketing strategy.
Contact us today to learn more.