Any good marketer will tell you that to improve email marketing results, you have to track stats. How else can you determine what captures your audience’s attention, prompts them to take action or completely turns them off?
Open Rates, Click Throughs and Bounce Rates are just three of the email statistics your staffing company should be tracking. Here are four more:
- Who Clicked. Ideally, your email service provider will provide a report showing the specific recipients who clicked on which links in your email. This information is invaluable for both you and your sales team. It provides you with details on what content captures readers’ interest – and drives them to act. Your sales team can target recipients who are actively engaged with your content – and use it as the basis for a conversation; conversely, sales reps can follow up with people who aren’t clicking and try to find out why. For example, “Did you see our recent article on employee misclassification? No? Oh, I’d be happy to send you a copy…”
- Conversion Rate. This measures the percentage of people who responded to the offer on your landing page. It’s the number of people who completed your response form or picked up the phone. Ultimately, the success of your staffing service’s email campaign will depend on how well prospects convert to clients (or candidates convert to placements). While you cannot directly track conversions in your email marketing software, you should track it in a spreadsheet to see how much revenue those conversions generated.
- List Size. The number of people in your email database should grow every month.
- Opt-Outs. This is the number of people who request to be removed from your mailing list. Ideally, this figure should be below 1%. If you start to see long-time subscribers leaving, you may have a problem with your content.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics shows you how people found your site, how they used it, and how you can enhance their visitor experience. With this information, you can improve your website return on investment, increase conversions, and make more money on the web. Using this free tool, you’ll be able to see how much traffic went to your site via your email marketing. By implementing strong call to actions and unique landing pages — you’ll be able to fine tune your marketing to see what’s working and what isn’t.
Bottom line, tracking email statistics is critical to the long-term success of your staffing marketing efforts. Gathering this kind of information helps you determine the best type of content to send, the right way to present your offers and ultimately the best way to sell more staffing.
If you have a staffing email marketing question you’d like answered, post it below–or give Haley Marketing a call at 888.696.2900. We’re experts in staffing marketing strategy, we’re pretty darn friendly and we’d love to find a way to help you!
For more information about email marketing for staffing:
Download our FREE Email Marketing Guide which was created specifically for the staffing industry.