A question our social media experts hear regularly from our clients is, “How can we grow our social following?” Truthfully, the answer isn’t as simple as most people would like. The goal isn’t having a higher number of followers, the goal is to gain targeted followers that are currently or may possibly be interested in your services in the future.
So how can you grow a strong following? The best answer is most often a paid campaign, allowing you to carefully target and reach your target audience. If you’re interested in learning more about these strategies, our social advisors will be happy to review your social media pages and outline the best strategy.
However, there are small steps you can take to try to grow your list organically. The results may not be as quick or far-reaching, but the list below is a great start for building your social media following.
- Make sure your social media pages are linked to directly from your company website. These links should be easy to find and allow users to quickly jump from your website to all of your social media pages. This is not only a benefit for people visiting your website, but is also valuable for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Start with your team. Once your social pages are live, send the links for each page to your entire team. Everyone on your team should like these pages. From here, they can share the pages on their personal profiles and also interact with content on these pages to help increase the reach. Having your team directly interact with content posted on social media is one of the best ways to boost your content and reach the greatest potential audience organically.
- Add links to your email signatures. Provide a standard template for links to the company social pages that your team can include in their email signatures. This is a simple way to put this information in front of the people your team is currently engaged with.
- Add links to your other marketing efforts. If you send out an email newsletter, be sure your social links are included in each mailing. If you’re sending direct mail, consider including URLs or a QR code to link to your social pages. Each contact with a client or candidate is an opportunity to share this information.
- Cross-promote. If you have a strong following on Facebook but are looking to grow your Twitter followers, promote your Twitter page in the “About” section on your Facebook page as well as through posts on the page. Directing users already engaging with you on one social platform to follow you on another can be very successful.
Ready to get started with social media? Or just want to grow your existing presence? Start with these strategies and see how this can amplify your following! If you’re looking for a more targeted and direct approach, contact our marketing educators to learn more about the paid promotion options that are best for your company.