The internet is a really big place.
A really, REALLY BIG place.
“Okay, just HOW big has the internet become?”
Glad you (alright, I) asked! The truth is, the internet has expanded so astronomically that statistics boggle the mind. Take a look at these mind-bending numbers from Social Media Today:
- There are over 3.6 billion internet users.
- 2.9 billion Google searches are conducted every day.
- Google is the world’s biggest website, followed by Facebook and YouTube.
- There are over 123 million registered .com domain names.
- As the most popular CMS, WordPress is responsible for 76.5 million blogs.
- 37,000 websites are hacked every day.
…and a few more related stats:
- The average American now spends 5 hours per day on mobile devices, which is nearly double what they spent just 4 years ago. (TechCrunch)
- Over a lifetime, the average person spends a total of 5 years and 4 months on social media. (Social Media Today)
Head spinning yet?
Just a few decades ago, the internet was the stuff of science fiction. Today, it stretches across the globe, connecting over 3 billion people. Every one of them, to some degree, is living their life online. Their opinions, perceptions and actions are heavily influenced by what they find and do on the internet. And, for better or worse, that influence will only increase in coming years.
The internet has transformed the way people live and work.
Has your staffing firm evolved in kind? Ask yourself these critical questions:
- Is your staffing firm’s website safe and secure?
- Can employers and talent easily find you online?
- Do you have a smart strategy to guide your online sales, recruiting and marketing activities?
- Are you engaging current and potential customers where they “live and work” online?
- Are you doing enough to protect your staffing firm’s online reputation?
- Is your brand image and messaging cohesive across the internet?
- Do you deliver an amazing customer experience online (on both desktop and mobile devices)?
These are big questions. And often, the answers are complex. But we’re here to make things simpler for you! If you need help leveraging the tremendous business power of the internet, you can connect with one of our Marketing Educators – you guessed it – online, or just give us a call at 888.696.2900.