It’s official – you can’t ignore Snapchat in your social media and recruiting strategies anymore.
Thirty years old and younger is now the largest demographic in the United States and seventy-one percent of Snapchat users are under age 34. In total, Snapchat has over 100 million daily users. Ads are viewed up to one million times a day. There are now more Snapchat users than Twitter users. And, most importantly to the staffing industry, content is temporary, meaning you have your audience’s undivided attention for at least a few seconds.
What does this mean for staffing? Target candidates!
Snapchat is the perfect opportunity to get the attention of millennial job seekers. It’s a great way to “go behind the scenes” of your company and make a human connection with viewers. Have fun with it! The following list is ideas of how to use this fun medium to your advantage:
- Weekly job search tips from your recruiters.
- A 30-second guide on how to format your resume.
- A 20-second guide on how to breathe deeply to calm your nerves before you walk into an interview.
- Advice on what to wear to an interview – always among our client’s most popular blog posts.
- A day in the life of a recruiter – let your recruiters snap different parts of their responsibilities.
- Give a tour of your building if candidates need to physically be there for training or paperwork.
- Make your content exclusive! Announce new jobs first on Snapchat before they go live on your job board.
- Announce referral programs or sign-on bonuses.
- Miscellaneous fun events like a local scavenger hunt with a good prize at the end: sports tickets, concert tickets. Anything to bring awareness to your business!
Don’t worry if you’re over age 34, you can still get on board! Snapchat is easy to set up and allows you to import your contact list in your phone so following people is a breeze. Besides following your friends, you can follow brands you like as well, such as The New York Times, local sports teams, celebrities and many retail companies, among others.
Start taking snaps and swipe through the geofilters to accent your pictures. Notice you have to look at all the geofilters in order to choose one, right? That’s where Haley Marketing comes in! We can create a variety of geofilters that can be used for your most important events: job fairs, college graduations and custom options for major local events.
To learn more about Snapchat and how it can help increase your candidates in this low-unemployment era, contact the Social Media Marketing Advisors at Haley Marketing Group!