Another 2018 Genius Award Honorable Mention!
The American Staffing Association Genius Awards recognize the best and most innovative communications and marketing campaigns among ASA member staffing, recruiting and workforce solutions companies. This year, Haley Marketing client The Advance Group received an honorable mention in the “External Digital Publication” category:
Serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan since 1990, The Advance Group is a locally owned staffing and executive recruitment firm placing talent in industrial, office-clerical, professional-managerial and technical roles.
Committed to taking great care of candidates at every stage of their search, The Advance Group was looking for ways to prevent communication gaps after the initial interview. Their team frequently heard comments like “nobody followed up with me,” so they knew they needed to be more proactive with their follow up – and eliminate new applicants’ concern of not hearing from a recruiter after their interview.
After learning more about their candidate intake process, our team designed a digital interview follow-up campaign to prevent communication vacuums and dramatically improve their candidate experience. Using a custom email messaging template, the program:
- Assures candidates they are in The Advance Group’s database – and that they need not worry if they don’t immediately hear back from a recruiter.
- Provides the name and email address of their interviewer, to ensure applicants have a contact who can answer questions and act as their personal job-search resource.
- Encourages candidates to search other jobs on the website job board.
In an extremely competitive candidate market, The Advance Group’s interview follow-up campaign allows them to set themselves apart with a better follow-up process.
Improved candidate experience.
The program solves two problems for candidates:
- It gives candidates a point person to follow up with at The Advance Group.
- It eliminates new applicants’ concern of not hearing back after their interview.
Increased email readership.
Another unexpected benefit of the campaign was that it dramatically increased email readership. Prior to the campaign, candidate emails were receiving 3 to 7 percent open rate. Since launching the campaign, emails are now receiving 50 to 66 percent readership!
The Advance Group’s campaign is so impressive that it received an honorable mention in the “External Digital Publication” category of the American Staffing Association’s 2018 Genius Awards!
Looking for ways to improve candidate experience?
Set up a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Marketing Educators.