More clients and candidates will visit your website in one year than you will talk to in a lifetime. Thousands will visit to find jobs, learn about your services, and see what you’re all about.
Here is how to ensure your website will pass the test, and not increase your home page bounce rate.
So, What Is the 3 Second Rule for Websites?
In 3 seconds, does your home page:
- Completely load? (visitors are impatient, especially on mobile)
- Explain who you are and what you do?
- Differentiate you from the competition?
- Welcome employers and job seekers?
- Clearly explain what talent and employers should do next?
- All of the above
If you did not answer “all of the above”, then keep reading so you can have your website pass the test!
How to Optimize Your Home Page Response:
- Be deliberate with your messaging: Is your home page primarily trafficked by job seekers, employers or both? Make sure your message is designed for the right audience.
- Write less copy: Site visitors skim copy. On the pages that humans visit most, write copy that’s short, clear and compelling. Distill your message using the words that matter most to your readers.
- Include multiple CTAs: Provide several options for your audience, such as buttons, fly ins and forms. Make sure CTAs are visually bold, easy to find, and the language is clear, direct and action oriented.
- Display important info above the fold: While most people are used to scrolling (especially on mobile), make essential information and key CTAs visible immediately when visitors land on a page (i.e., without having to scroll down).
Need Help Making the Grade?
Read our eBook, “Staffing Websites – Strategies for 2020 and Beyond”.