Want happier, more loyal clients who:
- are obsessed with your brand?
- sing your praises online?
- and ultimately spend more with you this year?
Try creating Raving Fans.
What are Raving Fans?
In his book Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service, Ken Blanchard coined the term Raving Fan to describe a customer who is so delighted by the service and overall experience they received that they can’t stop telling everyone about it.
Raving Fans are more than just customers:
- They’re obsessed with your brand or business.
- They talk excitedly about their experience with you.
- They’re extremely loyal.
- They sing your praises online.
- They enthusiastically refer others to you.
Why are Raving Fans so important for staffing and recruiting firms?
The things your clients say about you directly impact your business:
- 90% of people check reviews online before making a buying decision.
- 79% trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from friends or family.
- 48% rely more heavily on reviews today than they did 2 years ago.
- Just one additional Yelp star can increase revenue 9%!
Having customers who are so thrilled about your solutions and service experience that they feel compelled to tell others is great for your business – making it easier to acquire new clients, retain your current ones and build a healthier bottom line (as we all know, it costs much less to retain a customer than it does to find a new one).
How can your staffing firm create Raving Fans in 2022?
Follow our lead! Last year, we executed a bold initiative to turn our clients into Raving Fans. Then, we systematically gathered feedback to strengthen our brand and online reputation. Here’s a quick overview of what we did, so you can see what worked best – and apply best practices within your own agency (for a more in-depth analysis, read the full Raving Fans case study):
Phase 1: Kickoff
We started with a kickoff meeting to:
- define the challenge (for 90 days we aimed to find ways to get closer to our clients, help them drive results, and then gather feedback)
- review exactly what Raving Fans are (so our team was invested in the project)
- make sure everyone on our team understood what we were trying to achieve (turn clients into brand champions for Haley Marketing)
Phase 2: Brainstorming and Planning
Next, we broke into teams and brainstormed ways to delight and engage customers (each team was assigned a list of clients on which to focus their efforts) and move the needle on our client experience. Here are a few of their best ideas, which you can adapt for your own use:
Tactics for improving service and customer experience:
- Create customized nurture marketing campaigns to educate clients and help them get greater value from your services.
- Offer a freebie to your best customers.
- Provide and review regular performance reports with customers to highlight successes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reach out to customers you don’t interact with frequently to reintroduce your team and explain how you can help.
Tactics for collecting feedback:
- Create a QR code that links to your reputation management landing page.
- Include a request (with links) in your email signature to leave a testimonial or review.
- Create simple call scripts and email verbiage any team member can adapt to check in on a customer and see what more you could be doing for them.
From there, each team created a game plan to implement the great ideas they generated.
Phase 3: Tracking Success
Our goal was to make sure every client was thrilled with our service, and the easiest way to measure this was through client feedback. Using a shared spreadsheet and a simple scoring matrix, each team implemented their plan and tracked their results over the course of three months. To maintain momentum and keep our team’s enthusiasm high, we shared successes in our company’s “congrats” Slack channel.
In 90 days, we generated some AMAZING results:
- 18 written testimonials
- 89 pieces of written praise (unsolicited positive comments clients sent us via email, thank you cards, etc.)
- 5 video testimonials
- 16 new Promoters (NPS Score of 9 or 10)
- 15 new stellar online reviews
Our year-over-year NPS score went up, too – by an astounding 21 points!
While we did achieve great results, the goal of Raving Fans was not to compete with each other. It was to do everything we could to deliver WOWs and shareworthy service for every client. It was about making our core values a habit and doing everything we can to be an essential partner in each client’s success.
We had fun. We worked together. And we turned a bunch of our clients into Raving Fans!
Want to implement your own Raving Fans initiative?
Here are a few tips for success:
- Explain the “why” to ensure everyone is rowing in the same direction and giving their best effort.
- Get everyone on your team involved. Executing a Raving Fans project strengthens team bonds, provides opportunities for recognition, and generally improves your culture.
- Test and adjust. Not every tactic will prove effective, so be flexible. Test ideas, adjust your approach and build on what works best.
- Ask for testimonials. Proactively solicit feedback with a simple, automated process (we have a solution for that!).
- Ask for permission to use anecdotal praise. Praise that comes through on the phone or via email is fair game – if you have permission to use it. Send a simple follow-up email to request permission to use customer feedback in your marketing. We had an 88% success rate using this tactic!
- Turn your best client results into case studies. You work hard to provide amazing service and great results. When clients tell you they’re thrilled, celebrate and showcase those successes by building them out into full-fledged case studies.
- Share experiences and reward success. Keep enthusiasm for the initiative high by celebrating the great feedback you receive from clients and candidates. Create fun ways to reward individuals and/or teams that achieve the best results.
- Make it a habit – not a one-time event. Incorporate the tactics that work best for you into your team’s regular activities, your KPIs and the fabric of your staffing firm’s culture.
Leverage your best reviews and testimonials.
Haley Marketing is here to help.
Whether you need to improve your customer experience, proactively manage your online reputation, or use customer feedback to drive your sales and recruiting engines, we can help. Contact a marketing educator today to get started or call us at 888.696.2900.