Your firm can tackle the challenges of 2022 and stay ahead of the competition with the right strategies. In this second part of the Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 series, we’ll discuss some of the MUST DO strategies for staffing websites and social media.
Missed the previous post? Check out the other installment in this series here:
Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 Part 1: The Challenges You’ll Face
2022 MUST DO digital marketing strategies, tactics, tips and trends:
Want to leverage the best of what 2022 has to offer – and stay ahead of the competition? Implement these ideas, crowdsourced from the Haley Marketing Digital Team:
- Remember that less is more. People have no patience to read or hunt for what they want. Navigating your site must be simple. Design must be streamlined. Content must be skimmable.
- Deliver an amazing experience. Amazon taught us to want instant gratification, and people expect e-commerce-like capabilities from your staffing website.
- Focus on local SEO. Tools like location pages, Google My Business optimization, blogging, technical SEO and more can help you rank well in the searches your ideal candidates and clients conduct.
- Pay attention to core vitals. Google rewards sites that load fast, allow people to act quickly, and provide a great mobile (and desktop) experience. Use Google’s core vitals to identify ways to optimize your site’s performance and increase rankings.
- Conversational systems integrated with website (chatbots). Your website visitors want immediate answers to their questions. To stay at the forefront of the industry (and avoid losing clients and candidates), your website needs a chatbot to respond to basic inquiries and drive people to take action.
- Keep it focused and simple. Are you overwhelming your visitors with too much? Make sure the ONE action visitors should take on each page (whether it’s your home page, job board or a landing page or form) is abundantly clear…and that it can easily be taken on mobile and desktop.
- Continually optimize, adjust and update your site. Static stinks! If you want your website to convert, you can’t just launch it and leave it be. Create a plan to regularly update your site with fresh content.
- Monitor performance. Review the data in Google Analytics. Look at the pages and content that are getting traffic/results and adjust those that aren’t. Look at entry and exit pages. And find new ways to make your site perform better.
For more 2022 website best practices, read “25 Ideas for Your Staffing Website.”
- Prioritize relevancy. As competition for attention becomes fiercer, it’s even more important to choose the right topics and message – and send on the ideal channel at the right time. What’s “right” for each audience might vary; be sure your social content is useful, relevant and delivered properly.
- Become more strategic. Posting jobs 3x a week isn’t a strategy – and won’t prove effective in 2022. Organic reach is nearly dead, so you need to rethink your strategy in 2022 to win on social:
- A successful strategy takes a mix of organic and paid elements shared with an engaged audience.
- Get the team involved in creating and sharing content to increase reach and impact. Learn why and how in this 8-minute video: Team Social Sharing.
- Segment your audiences further. Micro-targeted content is more specific and relevant – and will yield higher engagement and conversion.
- Encourage recruiters to build personal brands. Your company’s value and reputation will only be as strong as the brands of the people on your team. Learn more in this on-demand webinar: Personal Branding for Salespeople and Recruiters.
- Design content for short attention spans. Test new ways to grab attention, including video, on platforms like LinkedIn, TikTok, Facebook and Instagram.
- Be authentic. Your audience wants to know what it’s really like to work with and for you. While professionalism is important, stay true to your brand on social media.
- Be unique – and don’t be afraid to be bold. Push the envelope with design and social copy. Think: How can you captivate your audience to entertain AND educate them? How can you stand out? Do you look like every other staffing firm, with the same messaging and same posts? Or is your employer brand and voice unique and showing through your posts?
- Understand the algorithms. Pay attention to what Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are pushing on their platforms (usually it’s their latest new features). Follow your competitors and see what types of their posts show up in your feed. Look at your own insights on each platform to see how your own posts perform, paying attention to patterns. Then, use the algorithms to your advantage by applying what you learn to content that really adds value for your audience.
To truly tap social media’s superpowers, download our social media eBook.
Up Next: Staffing SEO, PPC and Automation
Our next post in the series discusses some MUST DO digital marketing strategies, tactics, tips and trends for SEO, PPC and Automation in 2022. But if you don’t want to wait, you can check out the full article here!