Q: Can you share some ways that staffing firms are using e-mail marketing to sell more and recruit candidates?
A: Sure thing! Below are just some of the ways that staffing companies are using e-mail as a tool in their marketing efforts:
- Client Retention
What keeps customers loyal? Great service. Staffing firms are using e-mail as a tool to improve customer service in the following ways:
- Better communication. Timely information on job order status.
- Feedback. Surveying clients to validate the quality of service provided.
- Nurturing. Sharing articles and ideas to enhance the relationship between the client and staffing firm.
- Hot lists. Providing early access to lists of available/recently interviewed candidates.
- Keeping top-of-mind. By regularly sending informational, educational and entertaining e-mail, staffing companies are keeping
themselves top-of-mind. Staffing company remains top of mind should a need exist, as a result of e-mail.
Some staffing companies are using e-mail to open doors with
prospects and close sales. Here are a few of the most popular techniques:
- E-mail newsletters to educate prospects about ways to use staffing.
- Top candidate lists to entice prospects to place temporary or direct hire requests.
- Special offers and incentives for first-time buyers.
In today’s talent-starved market, recruiting is the top priority for most staffing firms. E-mail is playing a vital role in helping staffing companies find the people they need. Here’s how:
- Communication. Stay connected with temps, contractors, and direct hire candidates.
- Referrals. Leverage existing candidate relationships to actively seek referrals.
- Reactivation. Encourage former candidates to reactivate (and make the process easier).
- Hot job lists. Share current career opportunities in an effort to seek referrals and reactivations.
These are just some of the ways our clients are using e-mail marketing. If you want more ideas, or if you have questions about e-mail marketing, please e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 1-888-696-2900.