Q: I think a lot of people are going to my website, but how can I tell for sure?
A: Install a website analytics tool.
If you type in the term “website tracker” into Google, you’ll receive almost 13,000,000 results. Needless to say, there are a lot of tools out there that can help you gauge the traffic on your website.
So which tool should you choose?
There are a lot of great choices available, but we have found that Google Analytics (which is FREE) works great and provides very robust features and reports.
Google Analytics will tell you:
- How many people visit your site daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
- How many unique visitors your site received and how many returning visitors there have been.
- Which pages within your site are the most popular–and how long people stay on those pages.
- How people got to your website–did they enter your URL directly, did they use a search engine, did they click on a link from another website, etc.
- What keywords they entered to find your site.
What can you do with the reports?
Not to be overdramatic, but the possibilities are endless. Here is a starting point:
- Determine if your content is interesting. If the average time spent on your site is under a minute,
you could be losing potential clients and candidates.
- Once you know how people are currently finding your site, you can adjust your SEO (search engine optimization) strategy to drive even more traffic to your site with different keywords–while stealing traffic from your competitors.
- Add stronger calls to action on your most popular pages to convert visitors into clients.Once you have a better understanding of your website traffic, you can make some adjustments to drive more traffic, and convert more visitors into clients.
If you would like help installing Google Analytics on your website, just call: 1-888-696-2900.