Q: Should my staffing firm be on Facebook?
A: Hands down, yes! And here are 10 great reasons why:
- If Facebook was a country, it would be the third largest by population! Yes that’s right, there are over 500 million active users of Facebook. According to the company, 50% of users log on to Facebook in any given day. Check out this cool graphic for some more interesting stats.
- It’s a simple way to stay top-of-mind with candidates and prospects. How? By sharing relevant content. Users can “Like” the content that you post, they can also see your latest news, job updates and opportunities because if they “Like” your company, updates are fed to their home page. If you post content frequently, it’s a great way to stay in front ofcandidates, clients and prospects without having to hard sell.
- Facebook users spend an average of 55 minutes per day using the interface. That’s almost an hour a day! These days, nobody is focusing on one thing for that long! If you’re looking for a platform to grab customer or candidate attention, this might just be the solution.
- The networking possibilities are endless. In fact, the average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events and has about 130 friends. Your company page has the potential to reach prospects and candidates who have never heard of your staffing company.
- It’s convenient and you can take it to go. Gone are the days when you could only access Facebook from your PC. Now, users can access Facebook from just about anywhere, as long as they have a mobile device. Currently, there are more than 150 million active users accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- It gives people a reason to interact with you. To make your Facebook page a success you must create a solid reason of why someone should interact with your company page. For example, you are sharing relevant content that speaks to a company’s challenges or you are posting job opportunities that are hard to find in your area. Reasons such as this will entice more people to “Like” your company page. Another way to keep users engaged is to solicit feedback or other forms of interaction.
- It’s like a virtual Grand Central Terminal. Facebook might just be the centralized “hub” of social media. Yahoo!, MySpace, Hotmail and more are integrating Facebook so that you don’t actually have to be logged into Facebook to get updates. You can also feed your blog to Facebook so that you don’t have to spend so much time making updates.
- It’s searchable. A company page will improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Facebook recently made it possible to allow your Facebook to show up on public searches. This is another great way to get more traffic to your page and your website.
- It’s a free recruiting tool. You can post jobs to your Facebook page. We can even automate this. For an example, see our client StaffEx’s page. And if you still need convincing…
- We’re giving away a company page for FREE! Because all of us at Haley Marketing really buy into the power of social media, we’re giving away a FREE Company Facebook Page Makeover. So if your page is in need of a revamp or if you don’t even have a page yet, consider entering. To enter visit: http://www.facebook.com/HaleyMarketing. But hurry, the deadline is just one week away.
If you need any help developing a Facebook page for your company or would like to know more about our social media services, feel free to give me a call at 888-696-2900 or send an email to [email protected]
~ Jennifer Jordan
Baer, Jay. 11 Mind-Blowing Reasons Your Business Needs Facebook. Social Media Examiner. Retrieved from site August 2010.
Facebook. Facebook Press Room Statistics. Retrieved from site August 2010.