Staffing technology is amazing. Applicant Tracking Systems, cloud-based time-tracking tools, social media and fully responsive websites help you stay connected to your clients, candidates and prospects.
But. (There’s always a “but,” isn’t there?)
The same technology that’s designed to bring you closer to your customers can actually fragment their experience. Unfortunately, if your approach to managing interactions across multiple communication channels (e.g., web, social, email) isn’t fully integrated, you have no way to provide consistently shareworthy service.
And that’s not a good thing:
- You may lose customers. Fragmentation requires higher customer effort. If your clients and candidates have to “jump through hoops” to get the service they need, they may decide to go elsewhere.
- You may miss out on new business. Without a tight, fully integrated sales funnel, potential new clients may abandon the investigation and ordering process – instead of converting.
- You may damage your reputation. If you don’t have a bullet-proof engagement process for every channel, customers’ communications may wind up in a digital “black hole.” The result? Your firm will be perceived as one that really doesn’t care about its customers’ needs (and who wants that?)
Your clients and candidates won’t tolerate fragmented engagement. They don’t have to – competition in our industry is simply too heated. How can you “un-shatter” their experiences and deliver seamless, consistent service, no matter how they choose to interact? Here are three quick tips to repair a fragmented customer experience:
- Invest in better technology. This isn’t merely a sales pitch; it’s sound business advice. The latest tech (e.g., responsive websites, one-click technology for applying) simplifies interactions – which is essential to your customers. In fact, a HubSpot survey showed that “making it easy for me to find what I want” is the most important website design factor for over three-quarters (76%) of consumers!
- Integrate your social channels. Staffing firms’ social media accounts often operate in a “vacuum” of sorts. As a result, clients or candidates who raise questions or voice concerns on a social site may find themselves starting from scratch in another channel (translation: frustrated) if they don’t receive a timely response. The solution? Assemble a cross-functional team to monitor sites vigilantly. Create sound, consistent processes for ensuring issues are addressed in a timely fashion, and re-routed or escalated when necessary.
- Adopt a shareworthy service mentality. Make sure that everyone in your organization – from your receptionist to your senior sales manager to your IT guru – is properly trained and empowered to deliver great service. When you have a customer-centric culture, your employees make every decision with the customer’s best interest at heart.
Haley Marketing provides a full complement of content marketing, web development and reputation management services to help you create a seamless experience for your valued clients and candidates – no matter how they choose to interact with you! To learn more, give us a call.