As a business, it’s important to manage your online reputation and build your brand by having easy-to-find and regularly updated social media pages. One of the most important, but often overlooked, aspects of planning your social media strategy is to personify your company.
While your company should certainly have guidelines to ensure all social media posting follows your company’s core values and branding, there is no harm in letting your company’s culture shine through. Check out these tips to help show your company’s culture through your social media presence:
- Highlight company events. Does your company celebrate birthdays or work anniversaries? Do it socially! Positing pictures of these events is a great way to involve your internal employees.
- Post local or community content your team is involved with. If your team volunteers for a charity organization or is going to be present at a local career fair, promote this content by sharing pictures, quotes or results from the event.
- Does your company have a blog? If you’re posting blog content on your website for your audience, don’t stop there! Share your advice and tips found on the blog across social media. This is a great way to drive traffic from social media back to your website.
- Feature the candidates you place. When your team places a candidate in a position, or the employee is hired on full time from a temporary assignment, congratulate these individuals with an announcement on social media!
- Share outside content relevant to your audience’s interests. When you find valuable resources online, share these with your audience! While it’s great to have most of your social media posts pushing your audience directly back to your website, there is also value in sharing outside resource links on occasion.
There are many ways to show your company’s culture through social media. Sharing engaging content that attracts both your internal team and also your external audiences is a great way to help you build your brand and create a strong online reputation.
For more tips on creating engaging social media content or creating a social sharing strategy, check out our eBook Social Media: A Game Plan for Staffing and Recruiting Firms, or contact the our social media marketing team at Haley Marketing Group today!