In an industry crowded with competitors, what’s the best way to stand out, stay top-of-mind and sell more?
That’s exactly what we set out to discover with our 2016 nationwide survey of nearly 500 staffing professionals.
For the past several weeks, I’ve been publishing a series of posts that analyzes the survey data and provides practical sales & recruiting ideas your staffing firm can implement. If you missed any of the earlier posts, here are the other installments in this series:
Today, I’m shifting the conversation to our favorite topic: marketing! Let’s take a look at the first question from this portion of the survey:
The Data: Most Effective Marketing Tools
Q1: “How would you rate the effectiveness of the following marketing tools for your business?””
Here are a few of the highlights from our data:
- Company websites are the most effective marketing tool, with an average rating of 3.66 on a 1 to 5 scale.
- Search engine optimization and LinkedIn came in second and third, with average ratings of 3.41 and 3.38, respectively.
- Somewhat surprisingly, despite being ranked #4 and #8 in terms of effectiveness, over one-third (37.3%) of respondents do not engage in PR activities and over half (51.6%) do not use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising as marketing tools.
The Takeaway: Create a Killer Staffing Website
Based on this data, the best thing you can do to build your staffing business is create an amazing website. One that immediately engages visitors and clearly explains what you do. Differentiates you from the competition. And gets people to take action.
Can a staffing website really do all that? Absolutely – and that’s just the start. A well-designed site will do ALL of the following:
- Tell your company’s story.
- Position you as an expert in your field.
- Build your credibility and brand.
- Enhance your service process.
- Get prospects and job seekers to take action.
- Build SEO.
Quite honestly, it’s impossible to cover all of the benefits to a great website in one post – so I’m not even going to try! Instead, I invite you to check out our free Keys to a Killer Staffing Website ebook, packed with mind-blowing design and content ideas.
Up Next: Marketing – Generating Sales Leads
In my next post we’ll review some of the most effective marketing tools for keeping your sales funnel full.
Don’t want to wait for the post to publish? You can access complete survey results and insights anytime:
About our 2016 industry survey:
In July and August 2016, we conducted an online survey of staffing industry professionals to find out what works best when it comes to their firms’ sales, marketing and recruiting efforts. The survey was completed by nearly 500 individuals located throughout the U.S. representing a wide range of staffing specialties and company sizes.