Are you wanting to create a LinkedIn account but aren’t sure where to get started? Here are five things you should be including in your profile as a recruiter.
Have a Professional Profile Picture
Don’t know what picture you should use for your profile? Here are some questions to ask yourself as you scroll through your selfies.
- Would I wear this outfit to work?
- Does this photo look like me?
- Does this photo have a high-resolution?
- Is my facial expression correct? Extra tip: A study shows that people will view you as more likable if you are smiling in your picture.
If you are having a hard time finding a picture that works, put on some work clothes, brush your hair, and have a friend or family member take a photo of you against a white wall.
Have a Banner Image
You have some creative leeway when it comes to your banner, but make sure whatever you pick isn’t too cluttered and overwhelming to the eye. Here are some picture ideas:
- City landscape
- A picture of your college (could be a conversations starter)
- Company logo
- A picture that relates to the candidates you are recruiting
Create a Headline
One of the best ways to get pulled up in more searches is to have a headline that your candidates might be searching for. If you are looking to get found through LinkedIn, try making your headline something that lets job seekers know you are hiring!
Ex: Hiring Professionals in Accounting & Finance
Write a Bio
Make your bio both professional and personal so job seekers will not only see you as an industry leader, but also as someone who is compassionate and friendly. Here are some ideas of what you could include:
- Why you picked your career path
- Why you want to help others find a career
- Where you graduated
- Any books or podcasts you enjoy
- Your mantra for life
Update Your Work Experience
Last, but not least, you will want to make sure your work experience is updated. Before someone goes to message you, they may want to check your credentials. They may even want to look at your staffing company’s social pages to ensure it’s an employer they would enjoy working for.
Looking for Additional Help with Your LinkedIn?
Need some extra help with your personal or company LinkedIn accounts? Haley Marketing is here to help!