The high number of jobs available and low number of applicants have shaken up staffing professionals. In this second post of the Recruiting Outlook series, we discuss ways to fill job orders and how the four pillars of recruitment marketing can guide the way to a successful strategy in 2022.
Missed the previous post? Check out the other installment in this series here:
With more jobs to fill and fewer people stepping up to fill them, keeping up with demand has employers and staffing professionals tossing and turning! To fill open job orders, grab the attention of talent with ideas like these:
- Pay Rate: Must be at or above effective minimum wage in your market to attract talent.
- Bonuses: Offer sign-on, assignment completion, quality/productivity, longevity, or referral incentive.
- Benefits: Healthcare/HSA, 401(k), training programs/compensation can set you apart from the competition.
Proactive Reputation Management
Improve your online reviews (get more 4- and 5-star reviews as well as more recent reviews). In staffing, your reviews on Google, Indeed, Facebook, and Glassdoor matter—a lot.
For some bite-sized servings of our marketing for staffing wisdom, check out our Snack Time Videos!
Let the Four Pillars of Recruitment Marketing Guide the Way
The four pillars give you a framework to build your 2022 recruitment marketing strategy on:
- Career Site
- Job Advertising
- Social Recruiting
- Employment Branding
Get our Smart Recruiting Checklist for 190+ ideas on how to use the four pillars to your advantage.
Tell your story and engage job seekers. Show them who you are, why they want to work for you, then make it easy for them to do so! Improve the quality of job posts (always focus on what’s in it for them), make the application process simple and friction-free, include clear calls to action, and automate talent re-engagement.
Be sure your career site can:
- Optimize for mobile and Google for Jobs
- Offer one-click apply options
- Distribute jobs to top aggregators
- Automate talent re-engagement
Advertise your best jobs, best clients, highest pay rates. Lead with the jobs most likely to get a response. Leverage programmatic to increase job spend ROI on Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and other job sites.
Programmatic job advertising software posts your jobs at the lowest possible cost for the quality and quantity you need while conforming to your optimal monthly spend. It’s a strategic and data-driven approach to getting the most from your job spend budget.
- Shift with your recruiting priorities and challenges.
- Experiment to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Provide the hard data needed to analyze results.
- Make real-time adjustments as needed.
- Ensure candidate quality and quantity.
- Work with Indeed and ZipRecruiter!
Check out these Super Simple Tactics to Get More Out of Your Job Board Spend
Implement separate recruiting strategies for active and passive talent using the appropriate social sites for the types of talent you recruit. Include paid and organic content sharing.
Automate social sharing by turning employees into advocates. Get your whole team on board to share job posts and solicit referrals. An automated program like NetSocial gets your whole team into the game! It offers a simple method of increasing your reach and impact!
Also, ask team members to engage their network through:
- Social media
Build your brand, control your reputation, and become a Best Place to Work in your community. By creating the right message and getting that message in front of the right people, you can convey a compelling reason to choose your company over the competition.
- Create and curate great content.
- Jobs (promote best clients and top-paying jobs).
- Stories (convey your culture).
- Provide good education (articles, blogs, video, social graphics).
- Humor/entertainment (convey personality with content shared).
- Leverage hashtags and user tagging to get more people involved with content shared.
- Use more channels of distribution (email, mail, text, social).
Up Next: Using Technology to Your Advantage
There are so many ways technology can automate tasks and give you more time to engage with candidates in real-time. Our next post will discuss ways to get the most from your ATS, re-engage talent with automation, make your website a funnel-filler, and more. But if you don’t want to wait, you can check out the full article here!