Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 Part 4: Recruitment Marketing, Reputation Management & More

Share this:

Believe it or not, we have even more strategies to help you face the challenges of 2022 and stay ahead of the competition! In this final post of our Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 series, we’ll give you insights on recruitment marketing, reputation management and more.

Missed the previous posts? Check out the other installments in the series here:

Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 Part 1: The Challenges You’ll Face

Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 Part 2: Websites and Social

Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 Part 3: SEO, PPC, and Automation

Recruitment Marketing

  • Employment brand is your greatest differentiator. In 2022, your brand must be clearly defined and then actively promoted on your website, social, paid ads, job ads, etc.
  • Build your online reviews. Reviews on sites like Facebook, Indeed and Glassdoor are the key to your employment brand and visibility.
  • Take the blinders off. Temporary employees make up just 2.1% of the U.S. workforce. Instead of just battling with competitors for the 2%, look for ways to reach the other 98% with the right message.
  • Show that you understand – and can deliver on – what your ideal candidates want. Find out what is most important to employees in your market. What message really resonates? For example, are job seekers looking for remote work, a shorter commute, flexible hours, a hybrid workplace, a solid career path, or something else? 
  • Don’t take bad jobs. Your clients’ employment brands can have a big impact on yours (positive or negative). Make sure you work with clients that align with your values.
  • Use data to your advantage. In your job advertising, systematically A/B test job titles to see which ones perform better. Experiment to determine what salary needs to be paid to get candidates’ attention.

Learn the 4 pillars of a modern recruitment marketing strategy in this 5-minute video: What Is Recruitment Marketing?

Reputation Management

  • Be proactive and strategic. Your staffing firm’s reputation cannot be an afterthought. Work reputation management into your sales and recruiting processes after every service experience with a client or candidate. Don’t sit back and wait for the reviews to come pouring in; be proactive and ask for them.
  • Identify key trigger points. Timing is everything! Scrutinize your intake and service processes, looking for critical points at which to ask for reviews.
  • Leverage your stellar reviews and testimonials. Don’t let reviews just sit on Google or Glassdoor. Use them throughout your website, create graphics to share on social, etc.
  • Think video. Bring your brand and reputation to life, and make an emotional connection with your audience, with video testimonials. Create 30- to 60-second videos that highlight employees in whose life you made a difference, or highlight employees who have moved onto a career because of the start your staffing agency gave them. If you are looking for an easy way to create branded testimonial videos, check out Video NOW.

This 6-minute video explains the 4 critical steps in Controlling Your Online Reputation.

Miscellaneous

Here are a few additional pieces of advice that didn’t fall neatly into any of the categories above, but they’re important nonetheless:

  • Technology and digital marketing may be changing, but human psychology isn’t. Take advantage of emotional drivers like excitement and FOMO (fear of missing out) to create interest in your message, spread optimism and happiness – people need these now more than ever!
  • Be intentional with everything you do. There is no time (or money!) for clutter and waste. With everything you do in your marketing mix, be intentional and be sure it aligns with your business goals.

Get ready for the metaverse. We may be a few years out, but Facebook’s newest project is bound to impact how we hire and manage talent.

Need help creating or executing a world-class digital marketing strategy?

Partner with Haley Marketing. With a full complement of digital marketing solutions for sales and recruiting, our team of staffing industry marketing specialists is here to help you:

  • Increase visibility
  • Gain authority
  • Build trust
  • Drive more orders and applications

We hope you found our Digital Marketing Trends in 2022 series useful! You now have the knowledge and strategies to stay ahead of the competition and drive orders and applications throughout the year. Don’t forget to check out the full recruiting outlook article here for more information!

Share this:

Let's Talk

We'll be in Touch Soon

Build Your Marketing Stack

Staffing Website Development Services

See how we are building the best sites in the industry

SEO
Career Portal Software
Talent Showcase Software
Chatbot
IP Tracking Software