Looking for innovative ways to sell your sevices these days? How about co-opetition? While certainly not a new concept, the idea of cooperating with your competitors for mutual gain is not one that is widely used in our industry. But today, you need every advantage you can get, and working with your competitors may prove to be a case where 1 + 1 = 3 (or more).
Co-opetition really is just a form of partnering for mutual advantage. And it doesn’t just have to be with competitiors. Here are a few ways you might partner to uncover new opportunties:
- Partner with other staffing firms that offer complimentary servto services in order to expand what you can sell to your clients and open doors with their clients.
- Partner with other suppliers to your clients to sell more complete solutions that combine their products and services with your staffing services.
- Share leads with other firms that sell to the same types of businesses you do.
- Partner with direct competitors to target larger clients.
- Partner with firms in other markets to target larger geographies.
- Partner with your clients to jointly sell solutions.
- Share office space with other firms offering complimentary services to reduce overhead costs and enjoy the synergies from working together.
- Develop referral incentives for your temporary employees to reward them for spotting new business opportunities.
Want to learn more about the theory behind co-opetition?
Check out Co-opetition Interactive.