Video is the fastest-growing type of content, but many businesses are still afraid to make the leap.
If you can overcome your fears, you’ll be light years ahead of your peers. Invest in high-end equipment if you have the budget or interest, but most people have powerful video production equipment that fits in the palm of their hand – a smartphone.
Today, we’re kicking off a 4-post series that will:
- explain how video is your secret weapon for recruitment and branding
- tell you how to get started making videos
- suggest where you can add video to your marketing mix
- share the best platforms for your video content
Staffing firms that fail to embrace video are likely to be left behind. One hundred million hours of video is watched on Facebook every day, and that shows no signs of slowing, especially since video production is only getting easier.
Video Marketing Is Great for Staffing SEO, Job Applications, Branding and More
Video content can strengthen your brand, increase access to talent, open doors with clients, position your firm as a thought leader, and much more.
Staffing companies can use video to:
- Stand out on social media
- Set their job advertising apart from the competition
- Reach new candidates
- Make interviews more convenient
- Lower recruiting and sales costs
- Keep interviews concise and consistent
- Increase views (and response!) for job posts
- Improve understanding of job requirements
- Increase response from social media
- Increase application rates (34% higher!)
- Improve SEO
- Establish and reinforce branding
- Build trust
Video Can Add Interest to Your Marketing
Plenty of people love to read, but many prefer video. You never know the exact preferences of specific audience members, so mixing up your media to include video marketing can be a great way to capture more eyes and clicks (and ultimately more clients and candidates).
Video marketing benefits are measurable:
- Marketers who use video get 41% more web traffic from search than those who do not.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than those who do not.
- Adding video in email increases clicks by 200 – 300%.
- Video on your website’s home page increases conversion rates by 20%.
- Landing pages with video increase conversions by 80%.
Ready to reap the benefits of creating awesome videos? In my next post, I’ll tell you how to get started! If you can’t wait to get rolling…you can find “BIG Ideas on Leveraging Video for Recruiting and Branding” here.