DotComInfoWay.com recently released an Infographic on digital marketing trends for 2013 and beyond. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Mobile traffic exploding and you need to embrace it!
- It's expected that by 2015, mobile traffic will outpace traffic from PCs
- If your business is local, you need a strong mobile presence. 30% of all searches on mobile devices are local compared with just 16% on PCs. If you don't have a strong local presence, you're losing business.
- Social media continues strong growth.
- 87% of marketers are using social media to distribute content. If your firm isn't using social, you're not in the conversation and you're not relevant socially.
- LinkedIn the most popular network for content sharing and we've found it particularly beneficial for building staffing sales leads (and of course recruiting).
- Content marketing is producing nice returns.
- This research notes that content marketing lead to a 25% increase in website traffic. However, at Haley Marketing we help over 140 staffing and recruiting firms with content development and we have found an average traffic increase of over 200% after about a year of content marketing.
- Author rank is growing in SEO importance.
- Search engines are looking at author rank as a ranking factor when serving up search results.
- To be seen as relevant and improve your search rankings you need to publish good content on your site and others, and get more people socially engaged with your content.
- Don't forget about Google+. Google+ is growing in relevance and it can have a very nice positive impact on your search results.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your digital marketing strategy in more detail please give me a call at 888-696-2900 or email me. Here is the full infographic: