In my last post, I spoke about my discovery of what makes some eBooks more successful than others. Now let’s talk about the nuts and bolts of how to create an eBook that will grab the attention of your audience.
eBooks can be an very effective tool in your overall content marketing strategy. They can quickly position you as a thought leader in the staffing industry, and are also one of the fastest and most cost-effective content types you can produce.
Here are four key steps to creating the most awesome eBook ever:
- Define your strategy.
- Know who your audience is and what current topics are being discussed among them. What information do you have that they need? Position yourself as a thought leader on the subject by providing clear, concise information in the voice of your company.
- Design your eBook in an attractive, easy-to-read way.
- Make sure things are easy to read on each page. Use bold graphics, colors, and images.
- Use bullet points and lists when you can. Remember, people will most likely scan your eBook quickly to find the exact information you are promising in the title or on the landing page before they decide to read more.
- Give it away! Distribute your eBook using all your available tools with Haley Marketing.
- Leverage the relationships you have already established. For example, use HaleyMail to help promote the availability of your eBook.
- Direct people to your eBook landing page in the sidebars or wherever appropriate on your website.
- Make sure you have a landing page, don’t just give it away without knowing who wants the information you have. But you already knew that – right?
- Use analytics. Make sure you have a way to know how many people interacted with your eBook.
- Find out how engaged people actually are on the subject you chose to speak about. Without analytics, you just have another piece of content that may or may not be providing the impact you need.
Not sure how to get started? Contact Haley Marketing Group to create a strategy, discover what your audience is talking about, and how to reach them. Contact us today to create your next awesome eBook!