I hope you had a great holiday and a Happy New Year! I wanted to pass along a few marketing thoughts to kick off the new year. In case you were looking for some New Year’s Resolutions for your marketing efforts, here are a few to try out…
- Build Your Contact List – One of the best ways to take full advantage of your marketing efforts is to market to as many people as possible. Be sure to add everyone you meet in person or speak with on the phone to your list. Current clients, prospects, and all of your internal staff should be on your monthly email list. You can even hold contests in your office to see who can add the most names to your marketing list each month. Just make sure they are all permission-based.
- Check For Canadians – Speaking of permission, on July 1st, Canada will be enacting the toughest spam laws to date. Any unsolicited emails could bring a fine of $10 million! It’s probably a good idea to take a look through your list and see if there are any Canadian companies on it. Even if you are far away from Canada, some companies might be based in Canada with American offices. We will have more detailed information on this in the coming months.
- Promote Your Candidates – Imagine paying for your entire year of marketing with one email. That has happened to several of our clients who promote their cream-of-the crop talent. Top Candidate mailings are also a great way to show your candidates and potential candidates you are working hard to help them in their careers. If you would like to know how Haley Marketing can help you set these up, please let us know.
- Share, Share and Share Again – You should be regularly sharing content on all of your social media pages. In fact, don’t be afraid to share the same post multiple times per month. It really doesn’t take much time. Just devote 15-20 minutes each week to share content on your social media pages. You can even use a free service like Buffer to help you schedule your posts for the entire month!
- Use Your Content in Sales – Just because you’ve developed a piece of content for a specific platform doesn’t mean it can only be used there. Next time you’re heading out on a sales call, take a look through your blog or newsletter to see if there are any pieces of content that would be appropriate for the client you are visiting.
- Think Past the Newsletter – If you’re only sending out a monthly newsletter, you are just scratching the surface. Don’t be afraid to send out mailings that focus on an upcoming holiday, outline new employment laws, or some that are just goofy and fun. It’s just another touch point for your clients, prospects and candidates.
- Market to Your Candidates – Speaking of candidates…if you’re not sending a monthly candidate newsletter…why not? You should be treating your candidates just like potential clients. If you’re not nurturing your relationship with candidates, they will probably go down the street to your competitor who is. Our HaleyMail program has a great candidate newsletter that will help you stay in touch with candidates on a monthly basis.
- Use Us! – I might be biased, but the best part of Haley Marketing is the vast knowledge of our team. If there are any issues, marketing or otherwise, you are having with your business, give us a shout! We have a tremendously talented team here with experts in every area of marketing. If your website needs updating, if you need help recruiting, or you want to diversify your marketing with some direct mail, we have a program that’s right for you.
I know you are probably doing several of the items on this list, but it’s always good to have a reminder from time to time.
If you have any questions about any of the tips listed above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.