When it comes to innovative practices to help you stand out, not many people are doing it better than Hamilton-Ryker. CEO Kelly McCreight joins us to talk about how his company is using Virtual Reality training to help their candidates prepare for the job site. We’ll also discuss:
- How bad is the skill gap?
- What can staffing firms do to help close the gap?
- How can staffing firms help make their candidates more marketable?
- How staffing firms can build trust with their clients
If you’d like to learn more about Hamilton-Ryker you can visit them at: https://www.hamilton-ryker.com/
Texting has quickly become a valuable tool to help staffing and recruiting firms stay in touch with candidates. Brad Herrmann joins us to discuss:
- Best and worst practices for using text based communications
- How texting is changing operations for staffing firms
- Regulations and rules for texting candidates
- Brad’s value based leadership philosphy and how it can help any company
Have you ever been afraid to tell a client they need to offer more to find better candidate? That’s just one of the topics we cover with our guest Will Thomson from Bulls Eye Recruiting. We’ll also discuss:
- How a blog turned into a successful recruiting firm
- How does a recruiting model change during times like this
- The role social media plays in recruiting
- What will the recruiting industry look like in 2-3 years
Fore more information on Bulls Eye Recruiting visit: http://bullseyerecruiting.net/
In part 2 of our listener Q&A Brad Smith and I answer your staffing and marketing related questions including…
- How can I bring my out of date website into 2018?
- What traits set apart successful staffing owners?
- What are the latest recruitment marketing trends?
- How will Alexa and Google Home Assistant fit into the staffing landscape?
- and what are the biggest marketing mistakes a staffing firm can make?
A very special episode of Secrets of Staffing Success, where we take your question! I’m joined by Brad Smith our Director of SEO & Social Media. Some of the questions we tackle in this episode…
- What are the three most important areas we need to focus on for successful SEO program?
- In the past 6 months our website traffic is up but our applications to our job board are down. What should we be looking at to help increase our applications?
- When is the best time to publish a blog post? When is the best time to post on social media?
- When looking at Google Analytics, what are the most important metrics you should look at?
Don’t forget to check back for Part 2 in two weeks!
An interesting conversation with Mike Houston from Opti Staffing. Mike’s goal is to “pull back the curtain” on the recruiting industry. We’ll talk about how he’s going about doing that. Plus…
- How Mike has been able to differentiate his firm in a crowded marketplace
- His overall approach to marketing a recruiting firm
- The challenge of finding passive candidates
- The genesis of his “Fit Factor” campaign and how it helps them stand out
- and, after 30 years in the industry, where does Mike go for inspiration
If you’d like to learn more about Opti Staffing visit https://www.optistaffing.com/.
- How staffing firms can innovate and still keep the personal connection with candidates and clients
- Potential draw backs to the “human cloud”
- How technology can help find passive candidates
- and is there a fear that technology will make staffing firms obsolete?
Leigh Ann Pagnard joins us for an exciting conversation about what staffing firms should be doing to dominate the second half of 2018. Among the topics we discuss:
- What should staffing firms be doing to make for a better candidate experience?
- What’s the biggest myth about the staffing industry that still exists?
- What are some areas that staffing and recruiting firms should be looking at for their mid year assessments?
- What are some of your best tactics for attracting passive candidates?
To connect with Leigh Ann you can visit her LinkedIn profile.
Staffing industry strategist, speaker and author Scott Wintrip joins us on this episode. Scott has 30 years of experience helping staffing and recruiting firms reach their highest potential. In this episode we discuss:
- What the staffing industry is doing really well right now
- The biggest change coming in the next 2 years you should be preparing for now
- Why candidates need to be marketed to as much as clients
- Why your prospects care about your product, not your process
- and the one piece of advice for all staffing sales reps
We also talk about Scott’s new book High Velocity Hiring. You can order the book here.
We’re joined this week by Eric Goodwin from Goodwin Recruiting. In this episode Eric and I discuss:
- The big decision Eric made to leave hospitality and start his own recruiting firm
- Why failure was not an option
- Why Goodwin is bringing “integrity back” to recruiting
- The challenges of diversifying Goodwin Recruiting beyond hospitality
- How automation will affect the recruiting industry
To find out more about Goodwin Recruiting visit: www.goodwinrecruiting.com.
We’re very excited to speak with Mike Cleland, founder of Charted Path and author of “Breaking Through: Leadership Disciplines from Top Performing Staffing Firms”. In this episode Mike and I discuss:
- The biggest mistake staffing leaders make
- Biggest key to sustained growth for staffing firms
- Is metrics based management a double edged sword?
- How staffing firms can improve internal staff turnover
- Why the staffing industry needs to be proud of what they do and use it to their advantage
- Scalable practices for firms looking to grow in the next 2-3 years
- Is automation a threat to the staffing industry?
I also answer your marketing questions. If you have a marketing related question you’d like us to discuss on a future episode please email me at [email protected].
Laurie Hyllberg, vice president of Kinsa Group is our guest this week. Kinsa Group is a Wisconsin-based recruiting firm that specializes in the food and beverage industry. In this episode Laurie and I discuss:
- Their process for finding the “ideal” candidate
- Challenges she has faced recruiting millenials
- The importance of tailoring your message to various audiences
- Success her recruiters have had using social media
- And the best piece of career advice she ever received
If you’d like to know more about Kinsa Group you can visit their website at http://www.kinsa.com/.
Angela Chambers President and Managing Partner of Mercer Bradley joins us to talk about:
- The importance of social media to their firms success
- How internal staff training has helped with turnover
- What advice she would give a younger version of herself
- and what might be my favorite pearl of wisdom
If you’d like more information about Mercer Bradley you can check them out at http://www.mercerbradley.com/.
David and Marty Luttrell owners of 32 AtWork Personnel Services franchises join us for our first new episode of 2018. In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Their most successful growth strategy
- The challenges that come with working with your brother
- Outlook for LI staffing in 2018
- What advice they would give a younger version of themselves
If you’d like to learn more about about AtWork Personnel Services please visit: http://www.lstaff.com/
It’s been an amazing 11 episodes! We are so thankful for all of our guests and listeners. While we prepare brand new episodes we thought you might like to hear some of the best advice and insights from our 2017 episodes.
We’re thankful for everyone who has been a guest and a listener. If you would like to subscribe to Secrets of Staffing Success just select your favorite method below.
David Searns our president and CEO joins us for a great conversation about marketing for the staffing industry. Among the topics we discuss:
- The biggest reason marketing fails
- Common misconceptions about marketing
- What’s the biggest threat to the industry in 2018
- David’s secrets to hiring a great team
If you’d like to learn more about Haley Marketing visit: http://www.haleymarketing.com/