We’re joined this week by Eric Goodwin from Goodwin Recruiting. In this episode Eric and I discuss:
- The big decision Eric made to leave hospitality and start his own recruiting firm
- Why failure was not an option
- Why Goodwin is bringing “integrity back” to recruiting
- The challenges of diversifying Goodwin Recruiting beyond hospitality
- How automation will affect the recruiting industry
To find out more about Goodwin Recruiting visit: www.goodwinrecruiting.com.
We’re very excited to speak with Mike Cleland, founder of Charted Path and author of “Breaking Through: Leadership Disciplines from Top Performing Staffing Firms”. In this episode Mike and I discuss:
- The biggest mistake staffing leaders make
- Biggest key to sustained growth for staffing firms
- Is metrics based management a double edged sword?
- How staffing firms can improve internal staff turnover
- Why the staffing industry needs to be proud of what they do and use it to their advantage
- Scalable practices for firms looking to grow in the next 2-3 years
- Is automation a threat to the staffing industry?
I also answer your marketing questions. If you have a marketing related question you’d like us to discuss on a future episode please email me at [email protected].
Laurie Hyllberg, vice president of Kinsa Group is our guest this week. Kinsa Group is a Wisconsin-based recruiting firm that specializes in the food and beverage industry. In this episode Laurie and I discuss:
- Their process for finding the “ideal” candidate
- Challenges she has faced recruiting millenials
- The importance of tailoring your message to various audiences
- Success her recruiters have had using social media
- And the best piece of career advice she ever received
If you’d like to know more about Kinsa Group you can visit their website at http://www.kinsa.com/.
Angela Chambers President and Managing Partner of Mercer Bradley joins us to talk about:
- The importance of social media to their firms success
- How internal staff training has helped with turnover
- What advice she would give a younger version of herself
- and what might be my favorite pearl of wisdom
If you’d like more information about Mercer Bradley you can check them out at http://www.mercerbradley.com/.
David and Marty Luttrell owners of 32 AtWork Personnel Services franchises join us for our first new episode of 2018. In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Their most successful growth strategy
- The challenges that come with working with your brother
- Outlook for LI staffing in 2018
- What advice they would give a younger version of themselves
If you’d like to learn more about about AtWork Personnel Services please visit: http://www.lstaff.com/
It’s been an amazing 11 episodes! We are so thankful for all of our guests and listeners. While we prepare brand new episodes we thought you might like to hear some of the best advice and insights from our 2017 episodes.
We’re thankful for everyone who has been a guest and a listener. If you would like to subscribe to Secrets of Staffing Success just select your favorite method below.
David Searns our president and CEO joins us for a great conversation about marketing for the staffing industry. Among the topics we discuss:
- The biggest reason marketing fails
- Common misconceptions about marketing
- What’s the biggest threat to the industry in 2018
- David’s secrets to hiring a great team
If you’d like to learn more about Haley Marketing visit: http://www.haleymarketing.com/
Matt Kolinski (USA Staffing Services) joins us to talk about his unique business model. We’ll also discuss:
- What kind of challenges did this unique business model present?
- What does he wish staffing firms did more of?
- The #1 piece of advice he would give entrepreneurs or start ups in the staffing industry
- Does he consider marketing a cost center or an investment center?
- and what’s the biggest opportunity for staffing in 2018?
If you’d like to learn more about USA Staffing Services please visit: https://www.usastaffingservices.com/
Chris Rickerson (Elite Staffing Solutions) joins us to talk about his unique and inspiring journey to CEO of a multi-million dollar staffing firm. We’ll discuss…
- Growing up in a home with a drug addicted mother
- Chris’s own battles with substance abuse
- How his faith helped him turn his life around
- Why his firm doesn’t hesitate to hire those with similar backgrounds to Chris’s
- The keys to Elite Staffing Solutions rapid growth
This is an episode you won’t want to miss!
If you’d like to know more about Elite Staffing Solutions go to http://wichitastaffing.com/
We take a detour from talking with staffing owners and executives to chat with Tom Erb from Tallann Resources. Tom and I discuss:
- The #1 mistake most staffing firms make
- What separates a $2 million staffing firm from a $20 million?
- What can staffing firms do to improve their internal recruiting?
- What are the biggest threats and opportunities for the staffing industry over the next year?
- and what are the key metrics that every staffing firm should pay attention to?
To find out more about Tallann Resources please visit: http://tallannresources.com/
Jason Leverant (AtWork Personnel Services) joins us to talk about some of the challenges he faces in managing 100 branches. We’ll also discuss…
- The growing pains associated with being one of the fastest growing staffing firms
- How to balance what’s best for the company and still keep the franchises happy
- The biggest roadblock to continued growth
- A lesson he learned from early mistakes
If you’d like to find out more about AtWork just visit https://www.atwork.com/.
Brian Hatfield, Director of Recruitment at Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, joins us to discuss:
- The biggest lesson he’s learned in staffing (hint: it has to do with the title of this episode)
- The importance of social media to the sales AND recruiting side of the business
- Why the Cornerstone Cares initiative has become so important to the Cornerstone team
- Where does he turn for inspiration (this was my favorite answer)
- How top grading has helped develop their team
For more information on Brian and Cornerstone visit: http://www.cornerstone-staffing.com/.
“The biggest challenge in staffing in the future is going to be how to find that balance where you can automate that transaction without it becoming so robotic that people end up wasting their time with bad candidates.”David Stemm
David Stemm from Principle Personnel Group joins us to share his Secrets of Staffing Success. In this episode we’ll talk with David about…
- How their on-boarding program helps differentiate them with candidates and clients
- Growing pains they’ve experienced as they have expanded throughout Florida
- Advice he would give a young version of himself
- and the need to balance technology and direct human interaction with the young generation of talent
You can find out more about Principle here: http://principlepersonnelgroup.com/
Les Hoffman and Chad Blomberg from Case Staffing Solutions join us to talk about what “The Case Way” has meant to their firm’s success. We’ll also discuss…
- How they have avoided the dreaded “commodity” word over 35 years in staffing
- The importance of internal staff retention
- The most important enhancement to their candidate experience
- How they have been able to integrate sales and marketing
- The single best technology investment they have made
You can check out more about Case at http://casestaffingsolutions.com/
Tim Bleich (Vector Technical) joins us to share his experiences from 25 years in the staffing industry. We’ll discuss…
- The biggest change in the staffing industry in the past 25 years
- Vector’s PAR Excellence program
- Tim’s best method for finding great talent
- How social media has helped Vector stand out in their market
- Does Tim see ACA as a roadblock or opportunity for success?
Please check out http://www.vectortechnicalinc.com/ for more information on Tim and Vector Technical Inc.
In this episode we are joined by Drew Golin from OTS Holdings who talks about the challenges of managing multiple companies under the same umbrella. We’ll also discuss…
- The two influential women in his life
- Why selling their company was the best decision they ever made
- How their training program helps them attract the top talent
- Their game changing app for candidates
- and Drew’s thoughts on the biggest threat to the staffing industry
You can find out more about Drew at OTS at http://www.otsholdings.com/.