One of the best reasons to use an email marketing service is that you can see who is receiving and opening your emails. We get a lot of questions about how to read the HaleyMail report, here is a quick summary:
- Date – Shows the time and date the mailing went out, and the subject line.
- Sent – The number of emails that were sent.
- Bad – The number of improperly formatted email addresses that could not be sent. These are email addresses without the proper syntax: [email protected].
- Bounces – A properly formatted email address that could not be delivered, for any number of reasons, most commonly because there is not an inbox to deliver to (if for example, the recipient no longer works at that company).
- Good – The number of emails delivered (sent – bounces = delivered).
Views – Recipients who opened up the email and downloaded the images.
- Clicks – A click is registered when a recipient clicks on a link in the newsletter. They could be going to the article, your website, or the Resource Center. The report shows the link that the recipient went to.
I hope this summary helps. And as always, Todd and I would be happy to walk you through the reports function and the rest of your MyHaley account.